Larry, from Grand Rapids, Michigan, talks about his life as a transracial adoptee in a predominantly white community where many white parents adopted black children.
In a desperate search for role models he latched on to some undesirable stereotypes of what a black man should be including stories he heard about his birth father. After a near death experience in the streets, Larry located his birth mother who eventually wrote the letter he needed to read to release the pressure he was under.
This is Larry’s journey
“White, Confused, Black and Christian“, by Larry Yff
Who Am I Really?
- Who Am I Really? Website – http://www.whoamireallypodcast.com/
- Share Your Story – bit.ly/2imgrtv_Share
- Apple Podcasts – http://apple.co/2oOd25m
- Spotify – https://spoti.fi/2RN3jcB
- Google Play – http://bit.ly/2oEU7bH
- TuneIn – http://tun.in/piyg9
- Stitcher – http://bit.ly/2DsqBxk_Stitcher
- Player FM – https://player.fm/series/who-am-i-really
- Podbean – bit.ly/2I0ITeY_Podbean
- YouTube – http://bit.ly/2oF3yrH
Damon’s own story in print and audio:
- Damon’s story “Who Am I Really? An Adoptee Memoir” – https://amzn.to/2Y9RNf8